Bhutan Swallowtail Sustainable Development Policy
Bhutan Swallowtail Tours and Travels recognizes that businesses can have a negative impact on the environment. We are committed, and enjoy, finding ways in which we can reduce the impact of our work both in the office and in the field.
It is our policy to:
Recycle as much waste material as possible Avoid & Minimize the use of paper through:
- Usage of less paper by focusing more on digital conversation
- Reuse paper, blank sides for notes
- Electronic and digitizing in place of one time use of paper like placards.
Recycling equipment that is no longer of use to the company. For example, giving away items such as computers and printers that we no longer use.
Keep energy usage low by:
- Replacing and use of low energy light bulbs throughout
- Ensuring that computers are shut down after work and lights are switched off wherever required.
Purchase products made with recycled paper. For example, paper towels, printer paper
Purchase products with a lower environmental impact. For example environmentally safe soaps and detergents.
Avoid unnecessary travel by making use of instant messaging, video and audio conferencing, telephone and email.