Bhutan Cultural Tour With Thimphu Festival
The Annual Thimphu Tshechu / Festival is one of the most important cultural event that the Bhutanese people look forward to, which makes it all the more appealing to tourists. Additionally, tourists get some extensive opportunities to interact with the locals and share in the festivities. With the Thimphu Tshechu as the highlight, the ultimate luxury tour will take you on a cultural extravaganza of the beautiful valleys, unique culture and traditions and rich nature with overnight stays at 5 star hotels and resorts throughout the trip. Luxury, comfort and style is the essence of this tour and expect to be swept away on a luxurious expedition of the best that Bhutan offers while enjoying the various high-end resorts and its extravagant facilities and services.
The Thimphu Tshechu is a Buddhist Festival of colorful masked dances and traditional folk songs and dances. The Tshechu holds religious significance and is held to commemorate the birth anniversary of Guru Padmasambhava, the patron saint of Bhutan who introduced Tantric Buddhism in Bhutan. Masked Dance and music plays an important role in the cultural life of Bhutanese people and are performed to convey religious messages and righteous ways of living to the people. Festivals are held mostly in the huge courtyards of the magnificent Dzongs/Fortresses and comprise of colorful masked dance and traditional folk songs and dances attended by even more colorfully dressed Bhutanese people. As per the Lunar calendar the Thimphu Festival falls in Autumn and is one of the most beautiful time to visit Bhutan for clear blue skies and pleasant weather.
- The Thimphu Tshechu / Festival
- All accommodations at luxury high-end hotels and resorts
- Tiger’s Nest/Taktsang Monastery - one of the holiest sites in the Buddhist arena
- Hoisting of prayer flags high in the mountains – as per your birthdate an astrologer will consult the Divination Charts and accordingly your guide will purchase the appropriate prayer flags that most benefit and protect you
- Excursion of Thimphu valley – the capital city
- Excursion of Punakha valley – the old capital of Bhutan
- Gangtey & Phobjika valleys – remote, peaceful and picturesque valley
- Dochula Pass - enjoy the spectacular panoramic view of the Snow-capped Himalayas
- Tashi Chho Dzong - Fortress of the Auspicious Religion
- Farm House experience - typical Bhutanese rural life, Bhutanese cooking experience and traditional dinner
- Traditional hot stone bath & a game of traditional archery
- Included quality wining and dining: a welcome reception with drinks at every hotels of your stay,
- Throughout your holiday to Bhutan, escorted by one of the Bhutan Swallowtail’s expert tour guide- your ‘travelling concierge’, expert guide, consummate facilitator and friend in a foreign land who ensures your journey is as enjoyable as possible.
- Baggage handling everywhere on your tour.
- Free Wi-fi and Internet in most of the hotel rooms and lobbies.
- Enjoy the unique comfort of Bhutan Swallowtail’s Luxury air conditioned vehicles
- Airport Transfers as per the scheduled flights.
- English Speaking Guide throughout the Trip
- Luxury SUV vehicle with driver – Toyota Prado/Land Cruisers/Hi-roof Buses
- Stay in luxury 4 & 5 star hotels
- All three meals, tea and snacks, picnics
- Bottled mineral water throughout the trip
- Cooler box for cold water/beverage in the vehicle
- Hot thermos with tea/coffee on the go
- Short hikes, Packed lunches and snacks wherever required
- Monumental Fees
- Bhutan Tourism Development Fee
- VISA Fee
- Government Royalty- goes towards the socio-economic development activities, eg, education, health, roads, etc
Package Does Not Include:
- International Air fare
- Refreshments and bottled drinks and alcohol
- Cost arising out of Flight Cancellation/road blockades/ landslides and events beyond our control
- Expenses of personal nature and any other expenses not mentioned in the above cost
Transport and Facilities
The vehicles of Bhutan Swallowtail are all luxurious and air conditioned catering to the comforts of our guests as well as ensuring a smooth ride over the mountainous and winding roads of Bhutan. With high ride quality and extended legroom you can enjoy the beautiful landscape from the inside of our cars. We have Toyota SUVs, Hi Ace buses and coaster buses with carrying capacity of up to 30 people in one bus. Driven by experienced and licensed drivers we will make sure you enjoy your holiday to Bhutan and the comforts of our luxurious fleet of cars.
VISA to Bhutan
All tourists must obtain a visa clearance prior to travel to Bhutan. Visas are processed through an online system by your licensed Bhutanese tour operator, directly or through a foreign travel agent.
You are required to send the photo-page of your passport to your tour operator who will then apply for your visa. The visa will be processed by the Tourism Council of Bhutan (TCB) once the full payment of your holiday (including a USD $40 visa fee) has been wire transferred and received in the TCB bank account. Once received the visa clearance will be processed within 72 working hours.
At your point of entry you will be required to show your visa clearance letter, the visa will then be stamped into your passport.
Terms and Conditions:
Tour prices and dates are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking. All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking. For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Booking Conditions page.