Jumolhari Laya Gasa Trek
Details of Laya Gasa Trek
Apart from spectacular views of sacred Mount Jhomolhari, Jichu Drake, Gangchhenta (Great Tiger Mountain), the 13 days trekking tour will take you through isolated beautiful high altitude mountain villages.
You might also spot the unique Blue Sheep and the takin, national animal of Bhutan. However the highlight of the trek is the Gasa hot springs. Known for its various medicinal properties, the Gasa hot springs is very popular amongst the Bhutanese who make it a point to dip at least once a year in the hot springs and stay the rest of the year disease and sickness free. As compared, the Laya gasa trek is considered as the most beautiful, enriching and rewarding treks of Bhutan.
What is Included During the Trek:
- All Trekking Meal during the Trek
- One Trekking Expeditions Leader
- Horsemen as per the group size
- Helper as per the group size
- Group Medical Kit
- Good Quality accommodation throughout. The use of a world expedition trek pack which includes a quality sleeping bag, and insulated mat
- All Park entrance Fees and Trekking Permits
- Horses to carry 20 Kgs personal equipment
What is not Included During the Trek:
- International Airfare
- Cost arising out of Flight Cancellation/road blockades/ landslides and events beyond our control
Expenses of personal nature and any other expenses not mentioned in the above cost
Accommodation/your night Camps
Camping in extreme weather such as cold temperatures and snowy conditions can be extremely enjoyable; Camping by the snow can be peaceful, picturesque and out door adventure.
All the accommodation while on Druk Path Trek is twin sharing, double occupancy (Single occupancy with supplement) in the Tents. The tents are Cold Weather Tents and designed for harsh weather and snowy conditions. A separate tents will be pitched for dinning and rest room.
On demand, a luxury tents will also be provided like bed and mattresses, warm shower tents, rest room with proper toilet pots, fishing equipment etc..
Check for the following Essential Trekking Gears
During the Trek
- Clothes: Waterproof jacket and pants. You really don't need thick heavy clothes. As always, trekking in layers is better.
- Bag pack with rain cover for bagpack
- Water bottles (at least 3 liters total capacity)
- Baseball cap (the sun is strong at all elevations)
- Hiking poles (lessen the impact on your joints)
- Sunglasses (essential when you cross snow line)
- Trekking shoes: A pair of lightweight-waterproof hiking boots is a must. Break them in beforehand
- Winter hat
- Winter gloves
At the Camp Site
- Head lamp with extra batteries
- A pair of Camp shoes too.
- Thermal underwear and can be useful in the mornings, or for sleeping in at night. If you forgot some, jogging pants are widely available in all towns for less cost
- Reading materials (Kindle may be best)
- Journal and pens