Bhutan Cultural Tour with Paro Festival
The Paro Tshechu / Festival in the spring is a wonderful time to visit Bhutan, experience its ancient culture, and get enthralled in the celebrations. Amid blossoming flowers and lush green landscape the Festival comes alive with vibrant colors, music, dances and other sacred rituals. Mask Dance and music plays an important role in the cultural life of Bhutanese people and are performed to convey religious messages and righteous ways of living to the people.
The Paro Tshechu is a Buddhist Festival and one of the major annual events of Bhutan. The Tshechu holds religious significance and is held to commemorate the birth anniversary of Guru Padmasambhava, the patron saint of Bhutan who introduced Tantric Buddhism in Bhutan. Festivals are held mostly in the huge courtyards of the magnificent Dzongs/Fortresses and comprise of colorful masked dance and traditional folk songs and dances attended by even more colorfully dressed Bhutanese people. As per the Lunar calendar the Paro Festival falls during the Spring and is one of the most beautiful time to visit Bhutan. Weather-wise the days will be bright and sunny with clear view of the snow capped Himalayan Mountains and evenings and mornings will be pleasant but also a little cold.
- Paro Tshechu – attend and witness 8th century masked dances envisioned from the heavens and replicated in Bhutan
- Paro Tshechu – an interesting and cultural experience of the celebration of life the Bhutanese way
- Experience and visit the western regions of Thimphu, Paro, Punakha and Wangdue valleys
- Tiger’s Nest/Taktsang Monastery - Hanging onto a precarious almost vertical mountain cliff, it’s a spectacular sight in terms of location, setting and history and is one of the holiest sites in the Buddhist arena.
- Visit Dochula Pass at 3,150 meters and enjoy the spectacular panoramic view of the Himalayas
- Visit Tashi Chodzong or the Fortress of the Auspicious Religion – the office of the Dragon King of Bhutan
- Included quality wining and dining : a welcome reception with drinks at every hotels of your stay,
- Throughout your holiday to Bhutan, escorted by one of the Bhutan Swallowtail’s expert tour guide- your ‘travelling concierge’, expert guide, consummate facilitator and friend in a foreign land who ensures your journey is as enjoyable as possible.
- Baggage handling everywhere on your tour.
- Free Wi-Fi and internet in most of the hotel rooms and lobbies.
- Enjoy the unique comfort of Bhutan Swallowtail’s Luxury air conditioned SUV and coach with extended leg room.
- Airport Transfers as per the scheduled flights.
- Airport Transfers
- Stay in hotels as mentioned in the itinerary – all are standard 3 star hotels whose services and properties are approved by the Tourism Council of Bhutan and only caters to tourists
- All three meals, tea and snacks
- Bottled mineral water throughout the trip
- Cooler box for cold water/beverage in the vehicle
- Hot thermos with tea/coffee on the go
- Dedicated SUV vehicle with a driver
- English Speaking Guide throughout the Trip
- Short hikes, Packed lunches and snacks wherever required
- Monumental Fees
- Bhutan Tourism Development Fee
- VISA Fee
- Government Royalty- goes towards the socio-economic development activities, eg, education, health, roads, etc
Package Does Not Include:
- International Air fare
- Refreshments and bottled drinks and alcohol
- Cost arising out of Flight Cancellation/road blockades/ landslides and events beyond our control
- Expenses of personal nature and any other expenses not mentioned in the above cost
The vehicles of Bhutan Swallowtail are all luxurious and air conditioned catering to the comforts of our guests as well as ensuring a smooth ride over the mountainous and winding roads of Bhutan. With high ride quality and extended legroom you can enjoy the beautiful landscape from the inside of our cars. We have Toyota SUVs, Hi Ace buses and coaster buses with carrying capacity of up to 30 people in one bus. Driven by experienced and licensed drivers we will make sure you enjoy your holiday to Bhutan and the comforts of our luxurious fleet of cars.
VISA to Bhutan
The only document needed for your Bhutan Visa is a scan copy of your passport with a minimum validity of 6 months prior to entering Bhutan. On your behalf we will apply for your Bhutan Visa and we will send you the approved Visa, a print out of which you will have to show at the Airport while boarding your flight to Paro, Bhutan.
Terms and Conditions:
Tour prices and dates are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking. All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking. For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Booking Conditions page.