Bhutan Tour with Meditation & Yoga
Slow Living, Healthy Eating, Sound Sleeping, Nurturing Nature and Creating Connections
Mindfulness Journey to Bhutan
Get away from fast moving hustle and bustle city life, travel to Bhutan and take refuge in the Himalayan Kingdom of Bhutan, breath in fresh air, get calm, go slow, be present and tap into the healing power of nature that Bhutan has to offer. Experience a range of Bhutan’s luxury hospitality with range of Buddhist Meditation and Yoga classes and Bhutanese Traditional healing Ayurveda and herbal medicines.
Bhutan is located in the interior part of Himalayas and with abundant forest and clean air. Currently, Bhutan has 5 national parks, four wild life sanctuaries, one national reserve and 9 biological corridors covering around 20,000 sqkm, about 51 percent of country’s area.
Bhutan is predominantly, a Buddhist country with majestic 400 years old massive fortresses spread all over the country, monasteries on the top of the mountains or glued to the vertical rocky cliffs and a country with age-old tradition and unique culture still thriving in this 21st Century. It’s also the last Himalayan Mahayana Buddhist kingdom known to the outside world as the land of Happiness.
We begin our journey at Bhutan Spirit Sanctuary in Paro the Bhutan’s first well being inclusive high-end sanctuary for body, mind and spirit. Yoga and meditation will continue in a silent and peaceful mountaintop of Bumdra (4100 m (13450 feet) high– the cliff above Tiger’s Nest monastery where 1000 angles were believed to have flown from the rocky cliff and blessed by Guru Rimpoche.
Discover your spiritual awakening as you meditate in the Tiger’s Nest Monastery – the most spiritual sight in Bhutan.
Places to Visit
Taktsang Monastery (Tiger’s Nest Monastery) – On a precarious 90 degree cliff is Taktsang monastery, practically glued on it and its one of the most spiritual and sacred Buddhist site in Bhutan. The monastery complex houses numerous temples each with great significance. Awaken your spiritual senses and be present as your meditation teachers leads to a main temple for few hours of meditation.
Bumdra - 1000 angels are believed to have flown from this cliff and now sits a beautiful small housing complex of temples. Another 2 hours of challenging hike, you will the overcome 2 sky burial, sky burial 1 and 2. You are then literally on the top where you can see the clouds floating beneath. The ariel view of Bumdra campsite and Paro valleys gives an idle place for you to drown in oneself and the tranquility of the area with the fresh air re energizes for a long overhaul. You can then engage into a deep contemplation and mediation.
Sleep and Eat
Bhutan Spirit Sanctuary
Bhutan Spirit Sanctuary (www.bhutanspiritsanctuary.com) is a place unlike any
other; it is a destination in itself. Newly opened in 2018, and already in 2019 named by Vanity Fair as the most charming 5-star luxury property in Bhutan. The Sanctuary is also the only property in Bhutan with a well-being inclusive concept. This means that all food, drinks (exc. alcohol), wellness and special activities are all included in their room rates.
Wellness is focused on traditional medicine practices, and includes: ku nye massage, hot oil compression, moxibustion, hot stone and herbal bath, and traditional medicine doctor consultation.
Special activities are done in-house and in our Neyphu valley, and include: pottery and cooking classes, hiking, archery, khuru (darts), and cultural visits.
Bumdra Camp –
Enjoy one night or two at the luxurious and quiet campsite of Bumdra, 3855 m (12600 ft). The camp is well equipped with proper bed and comfortable mattresses. Hot water bags will be provided with basic heating system at the dinning tent. Flush toilet is available but outside the sleeping tent.
Penjore, 55 years old has his title as Lama, the term used for venerated spiritual leader or a teacher similar to Sanskrit term Guru. He had undergone various meditations right after his master degree in Tango University of Buddhist Studies. He was conferred the title of Khenpo by the current and 70th Chief Abbot of Bhutan, Trulku Jigme Choedra. The title Khenpo is awarded usually after an a 13 years of intensive Buddhist Studies after higher secondary school and is a terminal degree in Buddhist studies equivalent to PhD or MPhil.
He is the disciple of the Chief Abbot of Bhutan.
- Holiday focus on Slow Living, Healthy Eating, Sound Sleeping, Nurturing Nature and Creating Connections
- Program revolving around Meditation and Yoga either guided or on your own
- Continuous guidance by our traditional medicine doctor on traditional healing, our Buddhist Scholar on Meditation and Yoga Teacher on Yoga classes
- Yoga and Meditation held mostly on mountain top, open air, tranquil surroundings and with mother nature
- Wellness treatment at Bhutan Spirit Sanctuary
- Special activity includes Archery, Khuru and Pottery classes
- The Tour program includes possible cultural sightseeing and interaction with locals and monastic bodies to understand Buddhism at face value and real time.
- Welcoming Dinner by the founders of Bhutan Swallowtail Tours and Travels,
- Throughout your holiday to Bhutan, escorted by one of the Bhutan Swallowtail’s expert tour guide- your ‘travelling concierge’, expert guide, in addition to Mediation and Yoga Teachers
- Baggage handling everywhere on your tour.
- Free Wi-Fi and Internet in most of the hotel rooms and lobbies.
- Enjoy the unique comfort of Bhutan Swallowtail’s Luxury air conditioned SUV and coach with extended leg room.
- Airport Transfers as per the scheduled flights.
- Airport Transfers
- All cost pertaining to Mediation, Yoga classes, fees and charges
- Stay in hotels as indicated in the itinerary
- All three meals, tea and coffee
- Dedicated SUV vehicle with a driver and
- English Speaking Guide throughout the Trip
- Short hikes, Packed lunches and snacks wherever required
- Monumental Fees
- Bhutan Tourism Development Fee
- VISA processing Fee
Package Does Not Include:
- International Air fare
- Refreshments and bottled drinks and alcohol
- Cost arising out of Flight Cancellation/road blockades/ landslides and events beyond our control
- Expenses of personal nature and any other expenses not mentioned in the above cost