Spiritual Journey with Bhutan Swallowtail
A Spiritual retreat across beautiful valleys to visit sacred temples, holy sites and practice meditation.
The Kingdom of Bhutan is a haven for retreat and mediation with its peaceful and tranquil environment, sacred and holy sites. Over the centuries, great Buddhist scholars, saints, lamas, yogis, and teachers have come to this isolated Himalayan Kingdom to immerse themselves in meditation as an alternative way of living and in quest for the ultimate truth. The whole kingdom of Bhutan is considered as a ‘Baeyul’, a land hidden by Guru Rinpoche from evil spirits and more relevantly from the evils of modernization and consumerism. Moreover, Bhutan has numerous holy sites and caves blessed by Guru Rinpoche and many other learned saints.
There are small retreat centers and hermitages all over located near temples and monasteries high in the mountains. For the Buddhist practitioners and monks, it is a common trait for them to disappear amongst the hills and mountains for days, months and years. Meditation is an integral part of Buddhism, a journey into the self and time to reflect upon life and the whole purpose of life and death.
Our itineraries include meditation in any of the caves or temples or solitary retreat for few hours in isolated, sacred sites blessed by Buddhist saints and masters. We can also tie up with star rates hotels who regularly organize yoga sessions, retreat and meditation facilities.
- Visit off the beaten path temples and sacred caves and sites
- Short hikes to remote temples and monasteries where regular tourists normally don’t visit
- Interactive sessions on Buddhism, Meditation and Spirituality with English speaking monks or with translators
- Self Meditation for an hour or full day at sacred sites/temples throughout the trip
- Overnight stays at Monasteries and temples with due permission
- English speaking tour guide knowledgeable and well versed in Buddhism and Bhutan in general
- Included quality wining and dining: a welcome reception with drinks at every hotels of your stay,
- Welcoming Dinner by the founders of Bhutan Swallowtail Tours and Travels,
- Throughout your holiday to Bhutan, escorted by one of the Bhutan Swallowtail’s expert tour guide- your ‘travelling concierge’, expert guide, consummate facilitator and friend in a foreign land who ensures your journey is as enjoyable as possible.
- Baggage handling everywhere on your tour.
- Free Wi-fi and Internet in most of the hotel rooms and lobbies.
- Enjoy the unique comfort of Bhutan Swallowtail’s Luxury air conditioned SUV and coach with extended leg room.
- Airport Transfers as per the scheduled flights.
Spiritual & Meditation Bhutan Tour - Package Inclusion:
- Airport Transfers
- Stay in hotels/Farm-stays as indicated in the itinerary
- All three meals, tea and coffee
- Dedicated SUV vehicle with a driver
- English Speaking Guide throughout the Trip
- Short hikes, Packed lunches and snacks wherever required
- Monumental Fees
- Bhutan Tourism Development Fee
- Government Royalty of USD 65 per person per night – your personal contribution to the health, education and all developmental works in Bhutan
- VISA processing Fee
Package Does Not Include:
- International/Domestic Air fare
- Refreshments and bottled drinks and alcohol
- Cost arising out of Flight Cancellation/road blockades/ landslides and events beyond our control
- Expenses of personal nature and any other expenses not mentioned in the above cost
Transport and Other Facilities:
The vehicles of Bhutan Swallowtail are all luxurious and air conditioned, catering to the comforts of our guests as well as ensuring a smooth ride over the mountainous and winding roads of Bhutan. With high ride quality and extended legroom you can enjoy the beautiful landscape from the inside of our cars. We have Toyota SUVs, Hi Ace buses and coaster buses with carrying capacity of up to 30 people in one bus. Driven by experienced and licensed drivers we will make sure you enjoy your holiday to Bhutan and the comforts of our luxurious fleet of cars.
VISA to Bhutan
All tourists must obtain a visa clearance prior to travel to Bhutan. Visas are processed through an online system by us as your licensed Bhutanese tour operator.
You are required to send the photo-page of your passport and the your visa will be processed by the Tourism Council of Bhutan (TCB) once the full payment of your holiday (including a USD $40 visa fee) has been wire transferred and received in the TCB bank account. Once received the visa clearance will be processed within 72 working hours.
At your point of entry you will be required to show your visa clearance letter, the visa will then be stamped into your passport.
Terms and Conditions:
Tour prices and dates are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking. All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking. For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Booking Conditions page.