Himalayan Flower Tour
In Search of Some of The Most Exotic Flowers of Bhutan
Bhutan Flower Tour
The Bhutan Flower Tour will take you on the Himalayan Mountain ridges with spectacular views of the Himalayas, shimmering glacial lakes and discover and learn about some of the most beautiful flowers in Bhutan in its natural habitat. The Expedition includes a 3 nights camping and 4 days trekking
In search of the Yellow and Blue Poppies of Bhutan
Geographically, Bhutan starts from an altitude of 150 m above sea level to 7500 m and due to the wide range in altitude and climate, Bhutan houses a diverse and rich flora and fauna.
Apart from numerous flowers, Bhutan boasts of about 300 species of medicinal herbs, and 46 species of Rhododendrons. At an altitude of 4000 m and above, the exotic Himalayan flowers includes the Blue, Yellow and White Poppies and unusually unique flowers like the Rheum Nobile.
This Bhutan Flower Tour or the Himalayan Flower Expedition will take you along the mighty Himalayan ranges of Western Bhutan with spectacular views of the snow capped Jumolhari and neighboring mountains, giant shimmering mountain lakes and discover some of the most beautiful flowers of the Himalayas and weird looking animals like the Takin which is the national animal of Bhutan with the head of a goat and body of a cow!
The campsites by this time are mostly carpeted with all the different types of Poppy and different species of yellow Himalayan Primulas.
Attractions of Bhutan Flower Tour
Exotic flowers like the Yellow, Blue and White Poppies, the unique Rheum Nobile and other yellow and white colored Primulas can be seen blooming only at an altitude of 4000 m and above where there is no forest cover. The landscape is adorned with many glacial lakes with the Takin and Blue Sheep grazing in the meadows.
When is the right time for Bhutan Flower Tour
– 46 species of Rhododendrons flowers bloom at different times of the year but mostly are in perfect bloom during the months of April – May. As you go higher in the mountains, these flowering trees become smaller and above the tree line, only the shrubs can be seen surviving but with more beautiful and colorful flowers. If the expedition is to see and learn about poppies, July – August is the time when these flowers bloom to their fullest.
Sleep and Eat
A dedicated team including a certified Chef and few helpers will be with you and your trekking group throughout. Meals are prepared and served hot and as per your preferences. There will be adequate horses and horsemen to carry your luggage and other tenting equipments.
Expedition Tour Leader
All our tour leaders are trained and certified by the Tourism Council of Bhutan and are resourceful, knowledgeable and fun to be with. They are also seasoned trekkers and are trained to handle emergencies on the mountains, should anything happen.
- Airport Transfers
- All cost pertaining to Trekking, Camping and Excursion
- All three meals, tea and coffee
- Dedicated SUV vehicle with a driver where pick and drop is required
- English Speaking Expedition Trekking Leader
- Packed lunches and snacks wherever required
- Monumental Fees
- Bhutan Tourism Development Fee
- VISA processing Fee
Package Does Not Include:
- International Air fare
- Beverage - alcohol & canned juices
- Cost arising out of Flight Cancellation/road blockades/ landslides and events beyond our control
- Expenses of personal nature and any other expenses not mentioned in the above cost
VISA to Bhutan
All tourists must obtain a visa clearance prior to travel to Bhutan. Visas are processed through an online system by your licensed Bhutanese tour operator, directly or through a foreign travel agent.
You are required to send the photo-page of your passport to your tour operator who will then apply for your visa. The visa will be processed by the Tourism Council of Bhutan (TCB) once the full payment of your holiday (including a USD $40 visa fee) has been wire transferred and received in the TCB bank account. Once received the visa clearance will be processed within 72 working hours.
At your point of entry you will be required to show your visa clearance letter, the visa will then be stamped into your passport.
Terms and Conditions:
Tour prices and dates are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking. All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking. For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Booking Conditions page.
Camping in extreme weather such as cold temperatures and snowy conditions can be expected and extremely enjoyable; Camping on the snow can be peaceful, picturesque and an out door adventure.
All the accommodation while on Trek is twin sharing, double occupancy. Single occupancy in tents can be arranged on demand at an additional charge. All tents are Cold Weather Tents and designed for harsh weather and snowy conditions. Separate tents will be pitched for dinning, kitchen and rest room.
Check for the following Essential Trekking Gears:
- Trekking Boots (broken in)
- Waterproof 3/4 season jacket and trousers
- Camp Footwear (light shoes/sandles/trainers)
- Several pairs of good quality socks
- T-Shirts - Highly recommended are synthetic T shirt styles that wick away moisture
- Thermal Underwear / layers
- Down jackets
- Warm mid layers (fleece/micro fibre)
- Trousers - Lightweight, loose fitting, trekking trousers, pants with zip-off bottoms
- Tracksuit or fleece pants for evenings
- Sleeveless fleece and extra layers for winter departures
- Warm Hat and sun Hat
- Scarf/neck warmer
- Gloves and Mitts - waterproof and warm
- Sunglasses with UV protection
- Head Torch (spare batteries)
- Sunscreen and Lip Balm
- Light weight towel
- Hand sanitizer gel
- Trail mix / nuts/ muesli bars
- Daypack - The daypack you select must have the capacity for the items you may be carrying on a day's walk: rain jacket, trousers, warm clothing, water bottle, camera equipment, washing items and other personal effects. A hip/waist strap provides additional comfort. You should consider daypacks of at least a 30 to 40-litre capacity. Horses will be carrying the rest of your luggage.
Share This Page