Cross Country Bhutan Cultural Tour Package
A Bhutan Cultural extravaganza of the valleys of western, central, eastern and southern Bhutan. It’s a cultural sightseeing of Bhutan across breathtaking scenery and beautiful valleys of Bhutan from west to west.
What to expect from this Cross Country Bhutan Tour
Bhutan is most popular for maintaining its age-old culture and traditions and the culture still alive and vibrant. The whole of Bhutan has often been described as a museum and a cultural treat for the tourists. The Cross Country Tour will take you through a cultural extravaganza of the valleys of western, central and southern Bhutan, spicy Bhutanese cuisine, culture and traditions, temples, monasteries, stunning landscape and warm and hospitable people.
Hike through the pristine forests with spectacular views of the snow capped Himalayas from the various high mountain passes, mingle with the locals, dip in a traditional wooden tub of hot stones and visit awesome places and enjoy the intricate art and architecture that is evident in almost everything and everywhere. Enjoy the ride through the mountains as you drive from high mountain passes to lush green valleys and riverside and be prepared for temperate to tropical weather conditions.
- Visits to all the major valleys of Bhutan
- Off the beaten path experiences
- Remote valleys of Eastern Bhutan - hardly visited by tourists
- Temperate to tropical weather conditions
- Long drives through the mountainous roads with hairpin bends
- Mix of 3 star hotels, farm-stays and home stays
- Included quality wining and dining: a welcome reception with drinks at every hotels of your stay,
- Welcoming Dinner by the founders of Bhutan Swallowtail Tours and Travels,
- Throughout your holiday to Bhutan, escorted by one of the Bhutan Swallowtail’s expert tour guide- your ‘travelling concierge’, expert guide, consummate facilitator and friend in a foreign land who ensures your journey is as enjoyable as possible.
- Baggage handling everywhere on your tour.
- Free Wi-fi and Internet in most of the hotel rooms and lobbies.
- Enjoy the unique comfort of Bhutan Swallowtail’s Luxury air conditioned SUV and coach with extended leg room.
- Airport Transfers as per the scheduled flights.
- Airport Transfers
- Stay in hotels/Farm-stays as indicated in the itinerary
- All three meals, tea and coffee
- Dedicated SUV vehicle with a driver
- English Speaking Guide throughout the Trip
- Short hikes, Packed lunches and snacks wherever required
- Monumental Fees
- Bhutan Tourism Development Fee
- Government Royalty of USD 65 per person per night – your personal contribution to the health, education and all developmental works in Bhutan
- VISA processing Fee
Package Does Not Include:
- International/Domestic Air fare
- Refreshments and bottled drinks and alcohol
- Cost arising out of Flight Cancellation/road blockades/ landslides and events beyond our control
- Expenses of personal nature and any other expenses not mentioned in the above cost
Transport and Other Facilities
The vehicles of Bhutan Swallowtail are all luxurious and air conditioned, catering to the comforts of our guests as well as ensuring a smooth ride over the mountainous and winding roads of Bhutan. With high ride quality and extended legroom you can enjoy the beautiful landscape from the inside of our cars. We have Toyota SUVs, Hi Ace buses and coaster buses with carrying capacity of up to 30 people in one bus. Driven by experienced and licensed drivers we will make sure you enjoy your holiday to Bhutan and the comforts of our luxurious fleet of cars.
VISA to Bhutan
All tourists must obtain a visa clearance prior to travel to Bhutan. Visas are processed through an online system by us as your licensed Bhutanese tour operator.
You are required to send the photo-page of your passport and the your visa will be processed by the Tourism Council of Bhutan (TCB) once the full payment of your holiday (including a USD $40 visa fee) has been wire transferred and received in the TCB bank account. Once received the visa clearance will be processed within 72 working hours.
At your point of entry you will be required to show your visa clearance letter, the visa will then be stamped into your passport.
Terms and Conditions:
Tour prices and dates are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking. All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking. For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Booking Conditions page.