Dorji on Himalayas
Being a tour guide with Bhutan Swallowtail has given me the complete platform to showcase my various organizational, communication and hospitality skills.
With over 7 years or more of contributing to various tourism related projects and managing tours in the field, guiding is not only my profession and passion but also a fulfillment of my innate drive to always provide the best services in anything I do. My previous guests who are now good friends tell me that I have that special ability to add an extra layer of entertainment as a guide by being personable, outgoing and quick to understand people’s mood and interests. Not to be too modest, but I am also a trained and certified Photography Tour Guide and have led many photography tours from the National Geographic and private professional photographers.
September 2011- till date.
- Freelance Cultural Tour Guide
- Photography Guide
Professional Social Skills
- Excellent at explaining culture and religion.
- Excellent level of organizational skills.
- Ability to add an extra layer of entertainment to the clients by being personable and outgoing.
- Excellent ability to discover and seek out Buddhist rituals and ceremonies, traditional house building, and other great photo opportunity.
- Advises clients of proper protocol and etiquette for photographing events and people.
- Ability to approach/negotiate for rare photo opportunity.
Technical Photography Skills
- Trained and experienced to quickly learn clients photo gear, setting up tripods, aiming reflectors and properly handling sensitive electronic equipment.
- Trained and experienced in clearing scenes of non photogenic objects.
- Clearly understands the “magic light” concept and utilization of reflectors.
- Knowlwdgeable in the principals of “environmental portraits”.
- Understands the concept of changing perspective-getting lower or higher or closer to subjects.
MS Office Package – Advance level (MS Word, Excel, PPT, Outlook)
- Hardworking - I pride myself in being a hardworking individual as hailing from a mountainous country with very little resources, I have experienced and learnt how to adjust to adverse situations and make the best of the same as well as handle stressful situations with a steady mind.
- Integrity and Honesty – These are the most important attributes imbibed through our cultural and religious upbringing which makes us determined to make the best of our lives.
- Versatile – I have attended college in India and learnt the language (Hindi, Bengali) as well as adapted myself to foreign culture with ease. This experience has taught me a lot about the benefits of adjustment, change and interaction.
- Excellent Communication Skills – I have an experience of conducting tours for foreigners from various parts of the world with guaranteed customer satisfaction by understanding and fulfilling their requirements.
- Leadership skills and ability to work in a team – Serving as school captain and General Secretary during my school and college days, leading big number of group tours I have acquired the experience of working with fellow mates and clients from various backgrounds and have managed, supervise and completion of activities cost efficiently and successfully.
- Bachelors of Commerce – Calcutta University
- Bhutan Higher Secondary School Certificate– Motithang Higher Secondary School. 2009
- Bhutan Certificate of Secondary Education–Motithang Higher Secondary School. 2007
English, Hindi, Bengali, Nepali,Dzongkha
Credential Certificates Available upon Request.