On Bhutan Mountain
Being a trained and experienced tour guide for Bhutan Swallowtail, my utmost priority while delegating my job is to ensure my guests’ safety, interests and comfort.
Apart from this my specialty is in being as flexible as a snake (a phrase I like to think I coined for myself) and ever ready to change preset itineraries on the whims and fancies of our esteemed tourists.
In my 7 years in the Tourism Industry I started of as a Cultural Tour Guide, upgraded to a Senior Cultural Guide, trained and certified as a Trekking Guide and finally as a Bird Watching Tour Guide. While the others were just by the way accolades, birds and nature are my passion and I am lucky to be in a country that has the most diverse flora and fauna.
The most enjoyable part of my job is meeting new people from all over the world and not only sharing about my country’s unique culture and rich nature but also learning about life and people from different countries.
Certificates / Special Achievement (s)
- Trekking Course – Tourism Council of Bhutan
- Cultural Course - Tourism Council of Bhutan
- Senior Guide Course-Tourism Council of Bhutan
- Bird watching Guide-Ugyen Wangchuk Institute for Conservation and Environment
- Gross National Happiness Training – GNH Centre Bhutan
- Cultural Guiding Skill Competition - Royal Institute for Tourism & Hospitality.
2015 - Up-gradation course for senior Guide
- Customer care
2009 - Training For Tourist Guide in Cultural & Trekking - Tourism Council of Bhutan.
- Creating awareness in Eco Tourism
- Giving right information
- Caring Clint on the field
2014 - Training in Trekking Guide
- First Aid Training
- Flora and fauna
- 2013 - Bachelor in Computer Application, India
- 2010 - Secondary - Punakha Higher Secondary School
- English, Dzongkha and Nepali.
- Can communicate even in Hindi